Daily use of a balance board will benefit your health and well-being. These simple exercises will have a profound impact on your overall health, regardless of your age or ability. Balance is essential to everyday life and sometimes taken for granted. That is until an injury, health problem or an inactive lifestyle impairs it.
Here are some opportunities to practice balance daily:
• Balance on one foot while putting on your socks, brushing your teeth or standing in line at the market
• Alternate balancing on each leg
• Try sitting on a fitness ball instead of a chair
• In the gym, stand on a Wobble Board while doing dumbbell exercises
• Pretend to be a tight-rope walker and walk along the edge of curbs
• Play catch with a ball or Frisbee standing on one leg